Choosing to specialize as a pediatric nurse practitioner gives you the opportunity to impact a child’s life from birth to young adulthood. You can be the one who improves the well-being of children and their families by helping them get access to preventive care and sharing knowledge about making healthy choices. Maryville University’s online PNP programs offer the opportunity to focus your skill set and fortify your professional standing as a nurse.
Children are our future. Caring for them is yours.
You have a love of children and the desire to make a difference in the world. Now is the time to specialize in pediatrics as a nurse practitioner. The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) estimates that there is only one qualified candidate for every four available nurse practitioner jobs.
Upon graduation, you should know how to:
- Conduct age-appropriate developmental and health screenings.
- Recognize unhealthy lifestyle habits and provide guidance on proper sleep, nutrition, and exercise.
- Identify and address mental health, functional, mobility, and cognitive issues.
- Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe medication and develop treatment plans.
- Perform in-office primary care procedures.
- Escalate chronic and acute care needs to physicians/specialists.
Caring for children can be extra rewarding.
Dedicating your nursing career to the pediatrics care specialty can be dually rewarding. Not only will you get the chance to provide long-term care for patients who you get to know over the years, but you will also have the opportunity to join a professional sector that is compensated better than most.
Online Master of Science in Nursing — Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (MSN PNP)
650 Maryville University Drive
St. Louis , United States