Apply Now Job ID R-332607 Date posted 03/05/2019 Job Description SummaryBD Diagnostic Systems – Working closely with the US and Global Marketing team(s) and reporting to the Associate Director, US Marketing; the US Product Manager, Automated Platforms is responsible for market development and marketing activities for high throughput platforms in the Molecular and Cytology laboratories. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the BD COR™ (high throughput molecular platform) US launch and commercialization efforts in the US and the management of the BD Totalys™ System (high throughput cytology platform) product portfolio. This individual will also significantly contribute to the development and execution of the US launch and marketing plans for both the Molecular and Women’s Health and Cancer portfolios with the aim to exceed unit revenue, category share, and profitability goals for assigned product portfolio. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to Global Marketing initiatives, and ensure the effective integration of the voice of the US region in the marketing workflow and decision-making process. Job Description
- Develops and manages the BD COR™ product, commercialization, and launch activities and is responsible for its execution and success in the US market.
- Manages all product responsibilities for the BD Totalys™ System.
- Works closely with respective Marketing Manager(s) to develops and execute various aspects of US Molecular and Women’s Health and Cancer marketing plans to ensure the achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies; creates strategic marketing plans and drives tactical marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with Sales teams to effectively implement marketing strategies and drive tactical plans to attain/exceed sales and category share objectives.
- Manages VIP customer visit opportunities and process
- Partners with instrument platform leads to ensure integrated messaging and roll out to the field.
- Employs market research tools, as required, to identify and interpret changing region attitudes, demands, and needs for existing products. Acquires and utilizes competitive intelligence to guide strategy and tactics.
- Manages the demand planning process; represents portfolio at Demand Consensus and S&OP meetings.
- Contributes to the annual financial planning cycle for the US: budget, forecasts and Annual Strategic Review.
- Creates and manages communication programs including advertising, PR, direct mail, product literature, sales tools, BD internet sites, etc., in alignment with branding strategy.
- Successfully launches products; develops strategies, tactics and collaborates with training organization on training plans for the Sales Team.
- Creates and implements pricing strategies, market analysis, promotional programs, market research requirements and channel strategies. Incorporates "best practices" in all aspects of the marketing function.
- Provides marketing and/or technical support at conferences, users’ meetings, customer sites, end user workshops, and other specific marketing events.
- Develops and implements strategic publication plan. Works closely with both Scientific Affairs and the Healthcare Economics team to develop models and studies that support and drive market adoption. Develops KOL group and speaker opportunities; coordinates webinars, as appropriate.
- Builds relationships with internal stakeholders, and effectively communicates short and long term business priorities to functional leaders (i.e., Service) to ensure a unified agenda. Identifies potential gaps and proposes possible solutions
- Ensures compliance with BD policies, procedures, and practices, including serving as point-person in marketing communication copy approval process.
- Typically requires a B.S. in a Life Sciences or Computer Science discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of business experience. Business experience may include marketing, sales, business development or applicable advanced degree. Marketing Experience of 3+ years is highly preferred however, candidates with the above credentials and 3+ years of capital sales experience may also be considered.
- Experience in the development and execution of marketing or sales plans that deliver achievement of financial/budget expectations and product line strategies.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and implementing effective Market Shaping, Market Segmentation, Targeted Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Pricing Strategy and Go-to-Market initiatives.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business and sales acumen. Scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to understand and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial to drive revenue growth.
- Proven ability to work on functional teams and across multiple functions.
Primary Work Location
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-level industry position
Baltimore , United States