Senior researcher / group leader
: Requisition ID: Staff Scientist BioinformaticsJob Requisition : 103678BRWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. Location/Division Specific InformationThe Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing business, part of our Life Sciences Solutions group - Personalized precision medicine has become a new paradigm in oncology treatment, offering hope for improved cancer treatments. Advances in next-generation sequencing (NGS) allow clinicians and laboratory professionals to routinely gather therapy-relevant molecular information in a timely fashion, a prerequisite for true personalized medicine in the face of a growing list of molecularly targeted drugs. The Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) offers multiple solutions for solid tumor biomarker testing to aid in identifying those patients eligible for treatment, based on Ion Torrent and Oncomine NGS technology. How will you make an impact?
- Understand the requirements for various diagnostic programs
- Understand the requirements and design of data analysis pipelines to support various applications (Oncology, Liquid Biopsy, RNASeq etc)
- Help software development team to understand and des
What will you do?
- Analyze the requirements for various DxP projects and lead software delivery
- Analyze the requirements and design data analysis pipelines to support various applications
- Write and execute test protocols to validate the features and data analysis pipelines
- Perform system performance profiling
- Requirement gathering and analysis and writing design docs for various analysis features
- Prepare FDA submission documentation
- Work closely with developers to implement software features
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
How will you get here?
- Education: Masters or PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) bioinformatics analysis
- Experience with mapping, variant calling and fusion detection algorithms
- Experience in Perl/Python scripting
- Excellent communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.