Share this Job
Company: Teva Pharmaceuticals
Teva is a global pharmaceutical leader and the world’s largest generic medicines producer, committed to improving health and increasing access to quality health solutions worldwide. Our employees are at the core of our success, with colleagues in over 80 countries delivering the world’s largest medicine cabinet to 200 million people every day. We offer a uniquely diverse portfolio of products and solutions for patients and we’ve built a promising pipeline centered around our core therapeutic areas. We are continually developing patient-centric solutions and significantly growing both our generic and specialty medicines business through investment in research and development, marketing, business development and innovation. This is how we improve health and enable people to live better, healthier lives. Join us on our journey of growth!
Scientist/Senior Scientist - Immuno-Oncology
Teva Pharmaceuticals, Biologics Division, located in Redwood City, is seeking a highly motivated immunologist to participate in the discovery and advancement of novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities will be to lead and support biotherapeutic drug discovery and to investigate the mechanism of action of candidate lead molecules. The successful candidate will be expected to independently design, execute and manage internal research projects, collaborate with other functional groups within the broader organization and manage external collaborations. In addition, the candidate will contribute to patent filings and publications and present research finding to various audiences including senior management.
PhD in immunology or related discipline with at least 2 years of post-doctoral training either in an academic or industry setting (biotech or pharma), with evidence of relevant publications and/or significant contributions to immunotherapeutic drug discovery
- Prior experience and training in tumor immunology and/or T cell biology
- Direct experience with a broad range of immunological techniques, including isolation and stimulation of primary immune cells (of human and rodent origin), multi-color flow cytometry, immune cell-based assay development
- Well-developed organizational, creative problem solving and collaborative skills
- Must be self-motivated and proactive, able to multi-task, and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as effective listening and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working with syngeneic tumor models to evaluate mechanisms of immune evasion, therapeutic efficacy and/or drug mechanism of action within the tumor microenvironment is highly desirable
- Prior experience in biotherapeutic discovery and preclinical development, together with a strong understanding of ligand-receptor biology is highly desirable
- In depth expertise in human immunology is highly desirable
Teva’s Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Teva Pharmaceuticals is committed to equal opportunity in employment. It is Teva's global policy that equal employment opportunity be provided without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Junior industry position
Redwood City , United States