Researcher / analyst
Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE) is seeking to fill the position of Development Officer. The Development Officer is expected to work with the development team to:
- Assist the Director in implementing development plans
- Keep track of all funding opportunities from the government, private and bilateral and multilateral agencies
- Develop, maintain, and utilize a donor base through a CRM system.
- Consult with and update the Director on the follow ups for different funders. Initiate contact and liaise with corporate CSRs, embassies and other potential donors
- Assist faculty and centres’ staff in identifying sources of funding, and in preparation of relevant material about the institution for proposals
- Prepare proposals, including, budgets, Gantt charts, logical framework analysis (LFA) in consultation with the faculty and Director
- Compose all award applications for ATREE in consultation with the Director Develop ATREE institutional grant and IT reports.
- Ensure that current donors receive general and specific updates on ATREE's work, including reports, media reports, and invitations for workshops
- Develop and prepare materials in collaboration with communications officer to enhance the profile of ATREE
- Understanding of the key social and/ or environmental issues
- Ability to work in a team and to build teams
Appointments and emoluments
Salary will be based on experience and ability. Salaries at ATREE are competitive and at par with other equivalent organizations in the NGO sector. The position will be based in Bangalore.
ATREE (www.atree.org) is one of South Asia's leading conservation and environmental research organizations. ATREE seeks to address pressing environmental challenges through interdisciplinary research, teaching and engagement with societal institutions. ATREE fosters autonomy, professional growth, diversity and gender equity at the work place. Women and persons from underprivileged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email their CV, names and contact information of three references, a concise and clear proposal (five pages) and a letter describing their professional goals and interests. Mails and queries should be addressed to:
The HR Officer Royal Enclave, Srirampura, Jakkur P.O. Bangalore 560 064. Tel: +91 (80) 2363-5555, Fax: 2353-0070