Mid-level industry position
Job Posting: 22 / Nov / 2019
Closure Date: 13 / Dec / 2019, 10:59:00 PM
Job Type: Non-Staff opportunities
Primary Location: Tunisia-Tunis
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that your device is closed and
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with strictest confidentiality.
The FAO Representation in Tunisia is responsible for the development, promotion, supervision and implementation of programs and strategies jointly prepared with the Government, in the areas of food for agriculture and rural development. Representation develops and maintains relationships with many institutions, including government institutions and financial and technical partners.
The vacancy is related to the realization of the " project of support for official control of animal and plant products in Tunisia (ASCO-Tunisia) ". This project spans four years and provides support for phytosanitary surveillance, monitoring and control of pesticides, quantitative risk assessment, identification and registration of production units, accreditation of laboratories.
The Coordinator / Coordinator will work under the overall supervision of the FAOR in Tunisia, direct supervision of the Principal Project Coordinator and in close collaboration and consultation with the Assistant to the FAO Representative (Program Officer), the Civil Servant. Main Technical Project, National Project Team and other involved partners including government officials and financial partner.
Expert in Plant Protection and / or Plant and Plant Control
- Assist the principal coordinator / coordinator in the implementation of the phytosanitary component of the project including technical activities and daily administrative and operational actions.
- Coordinate with the partners the implementation of the activities of the phytosanitary component of the project,
- Organize training sessions on different aspects of the phytosanitary component of the project,
- Develop all reports related to the phytosanitary component of the project
- Coordinate and contribute to the development of the technical documents of the phytosanitary component of the project,
- Provide any other relevant technical assistance needed;
- Prepare end of mission technical report based on FAO editorial standards and guidelines
- Perform other duties as required
- University degree (minimum master level) in the fields of plant protection, food safety or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in plant protection, or phytosanitary control at the borders or the safety of plants and plant products including traceability, certification, good agricultural practices, control of pesticide residues
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of international phytosanitary measures and experiences in monitoring plant diseases and pests
- Good knowledge of phytosanitary approval including traceability of plant products
- Perfect mastery of French and Arabic languages in writing and speaking, fluency in English is an asset
- National of Tunisia
FAO General Skills
Skills t echniqu es and functional:
- FAO does not charge a fee for any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and / or FAO official language examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are asked to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Mid-level industry position