Executive / senior industry position
MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
Summary of Position
This individual will contribute to translational biology efforts associated with the Company’s antibody-based oncology product candidates including both pre-clinical and clinical stage programs, reporting key program milestones and timelines to project teams.
- Biological characterization of antibody-based therapeutics including bispecific and Fc-enhanced antibodies. Data will be used to support lead molecule selection, IND and regulatory filings, and guide therapeutic opportunity in clinical setting.
- Implement and execute immune based assays (cellular and molecular) to characterize mechanism of activation (MoA) and potential combinatorial activity both within and between antibody-based molecules and/or other therapeutic modalities.
- Apply emerging technologies and techniques to characterize immune-mediated responses including applicability to patient sample analyses.
- Interface with colleagues across research and with counterparts in clinical development to strategize pharmacodynamic analyses based on drug MoA, correlate patient biomarker analyses, and design follow up non-clinical studies to support clinical programs.
- Participate in and/or lead multi-functional teams responsible for antibody-based molecules ranging in development stage from early research through clinical development.
- Provide day-to-day management of direct reports, guiding experimental planning and trouble-shooting, data interpretation and assembly.
- Coach, mentor and manage people for performance and scientific growth.
- Draft manuscripts and nonclinical sections for regulatory submission.
- Provide external visibility through participation in scientific meetings and symposia.
- Minimum of eight years of research post PhD
- At least 3 years industrial experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company working in immunology and/or translational biology
- Thorough understanding of cell-based assay technologies and experience with animal models for evaluation of immunotherapies
- Hands-on experience employing multiparameter flow cytometry, ELISpot analyses and immune effector-based assays to characterize mAb based therapeutics including bi-specifics
- Capability in leveraging/monitoring immune-cell stimulatory and/or inhibitory activities
- Experience handling clinical specimens and evaluation of pharmacodynamic responses
- Proficient in scientific documentation supporting submissions to regulatory agencies
- Experience with cross-functional teams and proven ability to build productive cross-functional collaborations both internally and externally
- An excellent scientific/clinical background as demonstrated through publications in basic medical science journals
- Strong decision-making, complex problem-solving and critical data analysis and interpretation
- Innovative with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
MacroGenics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 354-3566 and/or 711 for TTD/TTY service. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Share on your newsfeed