Certificate in Anatomy: Human Neuroanatomy
141 Portland St., 9th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02139
In this anatomy course, part of the Anatomy XSeries, you will be introduced to the central and peripheral nervous systems. You will learn about basic neuroanatomy, sensory pathways, motor pathways and the autonomic nervous system.
The course includes illustrated lecture videos and quizzes to help you expand and test your knowledge of the nervous system.
By the end of this course, you will have a better understanding of how the entire body influences, and is influenced, by the nervous system.
What you'll learn
- Learn the gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Understand how sensory information enters the brain
- Understand how the brain and spinal cord control the muscles
- Understand how the autonomic nervous system activates the fight or flight response
- Learn the names and functions of the cranial nerves